10 Hottest Bib Necklaces
Here’s how to choose the right big, bold and beautiful bib necklace for you.
Bib necklaces, a style famously worn by Elizabeth Taylor, are replacing last year’s long layered chains as this fall’s IT jewelry item (seen here on Jamie Lynn Sigler). But fear not, frugal fashionistas – this is one style that can take you from day to evening, desk to dinner, pretty much anywhere except the gym.
The short length of these necklaces is flattering to every body type, and the impact they make is so versatile, it can create a stylish outfit out of a simple white tee and your favorite jeans, or add sparkle and glamour to the basic LBD. Follow these three simple rules to ensure that you’re on trend and on point.
1. Create the perfect pairing. When wearing a bib necklace and a top, the necklace should sit right over the neckline of the shirt, almost like a collar. If you’re going to wear this style over a dress, the necklace should compliment the neckline of the dress – for example, square and bateau necklines don’t work well with a bib necklace. However, these necklaces are stunning with strapless, sweetheart, and scoop neck necklines.
2. Make a statement. There’s a reason that necklaces like these are referred to as “statement” jewelry. Keep your other accessories minimal, and let the necklace do the talking.
3. Get personal. These pieces create a lot of visual impact – so think of them as a way to express your personality. Rock edgy studs for instant tough-girl chic, try colorful beading for a Bohemian air, or tie on a beribboned style for a touch of lady-like luxe.
1. Free People Topaz Bib Necklace ($198, freepeople.com)
2. R.J. Graziano Mesh Bib Necklace, ($275, bloomingdales.com)
3. Bebe Stone Bib Necklace ($69, bebe.com)