It’s the beginning of another workweek and you still have dark circles under your eyes from going to bed at an ungodly hour last night (we don’t blame you for catching up on KUWTK). Your boss is in full-on crazy mode (as usual), and you still feel bloated from all the frozen margaritas you gulped down Saturday night (who could turn down a weekend special?). We’ve all been there, but luckily, we don’t have to stay there. With these 10 simple tips, you’ll feel like the goddess you are in no time. Take that, Monday!
1. Love Your Body: You (you boyfriend, your best friends, and everyone else) already know what you hate about your body. But instead of focusing on your thighs touching (because really, that gets tiring), write down five things about your body that you absolutely love. Tape the list to your bathroom mirror as a reminder that flaws and all, you are gorgeous, dahling.
2. Show Off Your Assets: You’re a strong, smart, powerful woman, so why don’t you dress the part? Whether you’re preparing to run errands or hit your 9 to 5, add a dose of sexy to your day by slipping into a curve-hugging (but not too tight or skimpy) dress or jeans and your favorite heels. Hot, hot, hot!
3. Knowledge = Power (and that is so darn sexy): Taking public transportation on your morning commute to the office? Don’t leave home without a book. Not only will it save you from closing your eyes –and falling asleep on someone’s shoulder while being intermittedly awoken by that dude blasting his iPod –but it will also make you feel like you’re being productive. Just remember: If you’re not up for an epic literary masterpiece, you can always start reading a trashy romance novel. The good thing about owning a Kindle is that no one will know if you’re re-devouring 50 Shades of Grey or a Shakespeare play.
4. Let’s Talk About Sext: Contrary to what Lifetime movies would lead you to believe, a few sultry texts won’t ruin your life. Simply follow these rules: If you’re currently single, don’t sext the random guy who messaged you yesterday on OkCupid. A subtly flirty message, however, is a-OK. If you’re in a new-ish relationship, steamy messages will get him going, but you might want to wait a few more months for lingerie shots. Been with him forever? Feel free to send a boob shot from the bathroom stall at work. We won’t tell. Or, you know, if you actually want to talk instead of texting, here are five steamy phone sex tips to keep the conversation as hot and sexy as you are.
5. Healthy = Sexy: We know how fast the heaps of work pile up (give it until, oh, 9:01 a.m.), but Monday doesn’t have to be synonymous with misery. Instead of pounding away at the keyboard through lunch (only to make a “meal” out of the greasy, cold-ish meeting leftovers in the kitchen), take your hour to hit the salad bar or smoothie stand (or both!) for a fresh, healthy pick-me-up. When you eat healthy, you feel sexy. What mid-afternoon slump?
More tips ahead!