The Tipping List
10 Sweet Summer Steals
Summertime…and the shopping is easy!
-April Daniels Hussar
Ah summer… the beautiful weather, the fabulous bargain shopping. It seems like just about everything is on sale right now… so where’s a girl to start? Right here!
1. For something a little different… these wife beater tank dresses are just begging to be layered and accessorized for some killer summer action. $30, starsandinfinitedarkness.com
2. Did somebody say accessories? Summer just begs for fun, dangly earrings, and Etsy seller EaBijoux has a sweet assortment of chic, handmade styles. My favorite – the bold persimmon drops. $12 (yes $12!), etsy.com
3. Channel your inner Betty Grable and jump into the one-piece trend with this sexy retro suit…the peephole bandeau top and cutout back leaves just the right amount to the imagination. $59.99 (formerly $125), urbanoutfitters.com
4. Tarjay strikes again! Super cheap, super cute cover-up in crisp white to show off your fake bake. A mere $12.59, target.com
5. Payless sure has revamped their act since I was a kid, embarrassed to be seen shopping there. I recently spotted these gold slides on the well-manicured feet of one of my chicest friends – I couldn’t believe she – er – paid less. 19.99, payless.com
6. What would summer be without tank tops? This light, feminine appliqué tank puts a dressy spin on a casual look – perfect with jeans, a skirt or your bikini bottoms (you saucy thing, you). 17.99, gap.com
7. Surely you already know about the steals to be had at the Victoria’s Secret semi-annual sale… but don’t miss these sassy, body-friendly shorts. Hitting just about the knee (as recommended by none other than Stacy London), these will literally take you from work (paired with a smart jacket or crisp, white- button-down) to play (with slinky strappy top and some killer heels). $29.50 victoriassecret.com
8. Speaking of slinky tops… this crafty top from Free People isn’t exactly a ‘steal’ at $54.60… but it is marked down from $78 and it’s so cute! Pair it with a cheapy pair of sexy shorts like the ones above and you can think of the OUTFIT as a steal… right? $54.50, shopbop.com
9. And speaking of complete outfits… I’m such a fan of the tunic trend. They can really be flattering and sexy without being overly revealing. Just steer clear of the ones that make you look like you’re wearing a potato sack. Here’s a SUPER STEAL: a silk printed tunic dress from Amanda Uprishard… a mere fraction of its original proce. Go, click now! $69.95 (originally $215) singer22.com. Another fab option – this off the shoulder tunic dress from Paul & Joe. $126, net-a-porter.com
10. Finally, when it comes to pocketbooks, we all have different ideas of what constitutes a “steal.” But first I hope we can all agree that WHITE is the color of the summer. So – here’s one great deal for those of you with a little cash to spare: this sexy white Kenneth Cole patent hobo is 40% off for a grand total of $221, bluefly.com. But for a REAL STEAL: check out this quilted patent tote with gold chain straps…so swank, so 70’s, so Kate Jackson in Charlie’s Angels. $44, speigel.com