The Tipping List
10 Ways to Stress Less Through Food and Drink
Natural tips to enjoy a lower stress life
Let’s face it, we all experience stress sometimes. But did you know there are solutions to manage your stress as close as your kitchen, organic grocery store and farmer’s market? Certain foods can actually contribute to your stress levels, while others can relieve it. Here are 10 ways to enjoy a lower-stress life.
1. Reduce coffee consumption and replace with herbal calming teas.
2. Add protein to breakfast: spirulina, bee pollen and nutritional yeast all power up a fruit smoothie for optimum energy and a calming powerful day.
3. Eat dark green leafy vegetables at least once a day in a stir fry or a smoothie.
4. Supplement with whole food supplements if you can’t cook greens. Have dehydrated greens powders in smoothies or use a whole foods vitamin supplement such as spirulina or chlorella capsules.
5. Increase vegetarian sources of protein at least once a week: well soaked beans, tofu, seitan (if not gluten intolerant), tempeh, spirulina, hemp seeds or nutritional yeast.
6. Enjoy small amounts of high quality chocolate with a cacao mass of 70 percent or greater. 85 percent is best because it will have the lowest sugar content.
7. Increase colorful fruits and vegetables, actual whole grains and organic humanely raised meats. Avoid white foods: white flour, white sugar, white potatoes.
8. If you must have breads and pastas only use those with 100 percent whole grain flours. Reduce breads and pastas with white flour. Always enjoy some protein and vegetables with a pasta dish.
9. Enjoy low sugar non-tropical fruits such as berries, peaches, plums, apples, pears and papayas.
10. Root vegetables such as sweet potatoes, parsnips, burdock contain substances that are grounding