14 Eco-Friendly Beauty Products to Use all Year Long
Revitalize your beauty and skin care routine 365 days a year.
Most of us felt very virtuous purging unhealthy things from our home and diet on Earth Day. Did you think about your beauty products? Yes, Earth Day is over, but taking care of your skin with gentle products that are good for you never goes out of style.
1. Korres Wild Rose and Vitamin C Advanced Brightening facial ($48, sephora.com). Now, this is a time-saver! Before you go to sleep, smooth it on your face (you only need a small amount of it), wake up and your skin is smoother, and more even toned and feels soft. Korres has a long-standing reputation of only using eco-friendly ingredients and containers.
2. Marie Veronique Organics exfoliating cleanser ($35, mvorganics.com). Made without toxic preservatives, sudsing agents, anti-microbials, fragrances, alcohol, or detergents, this gentle exfoliating cleanser does contain alpha-hydroxy (lactic) acid and beta hydroxy acids for a deep clean without stripping moisture from your skin.
3. Darphin Organic Rose Aromatic care ($70, darphin.com). Made with organic roses, this product not only shields against free radicals (the bad boys that cause aging) it detoxifies and soothes your skin too.
4. Kiss My Face Break Out (Botanical Acne Gel) ($19, kissmyface.com). Gluten free, Vegan friendly, paraben free, this Tea Tree and Aloe based gel gently gets rid of breakouts and keeps skin looking healthy and happy.
5. Kneipp Orange and Linden Blossom Harmonizing body wash ($15, kneippus.com). Kneipp’s a very old natureopathic company-they believe that believes that using herbs, flowers and plants can increase your good health. This body wash is made with essential oils and is supposed to be perfect to combat stress.
6. Yardley Botanical soap collection ($1.49, use their online store locator to find a shop that carries the soaps near you). The soaps are packed in 100 percent recyclable cartons and made from a biodegradable formula. Pick Lemon Verbena, Cocoa Butter, Pomegranate Rose, Aloe and Cucumber, Oatmeal and Almond, or the classic English Lavender. All soaps are made from 98 percent plant derived formulas with a natural, pure vegetable base. And they’re fab for sensitive skin.
7. Ahava Mineral Botanic Velvet body lotions ($26, ahavaus.com). These new body lotions from Ahava are packaged in 100 percent recyclable bottles that are made from recycled materials. They contain a blend of botanical extracts, Aloe Vera, African Shea and Palm Tree oils as well as Ahava’s Osmoter blend of Dead Sea Minerals. The body lotions rehydrate, replenishes and recharges the skin, even delicate and sensitive skin. It comes in three scents: Hibiscus and Fig, Honeysuckle and Lavender and Lotus and Chestnut.
8. Lush Fair Trade Foot Lotion ($22.95, lushusa.com). Made with Fair Trade organic Cocoa Butter, this softening foot lotion contains spearmint and peppermint to revitalize sore feet that have been mistreated by shoes.
Eco friendly hair care, cosmetics and fragrances up next!