John Gray had the right idea with his book title, Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus. Don’t get us wrong, we’re not hating on the opposite sex, but let’s be honest—sometimes guys do weird, annoying and even gross things, which leave us wondering if guys and girls really do come from different planets.
As much as we love men, here’s a list of fifteen strange things they do that really turn us off.
1. Tickling. Why is it that men find this entertaining and we think it’s annoying? Once you graduate fourth grade, tickling is no longer an acceptable form of flirting. Guys, if you’re trying to get a girl’s number, pinning her down and prodding her while she kicks and gasps for breath is not the way to go. Buy her a drink or compliment her outfit—it will definitely yield better results.
2. Getting too drunk. No wayyy, you can funnel three beers in a row after taking two shots?! Guess what—we’re not impressed. And when you pass out on the couch at 10 p.m. drooling on yourself, don’t expect us to answer your texts tomorrow.
3. Obsessively texting. Speaking of texting… we know this may sound crazy, but cell phones were originally created for making phone calls. Guys seriously need to re-learn how to dial our numbers and actually speak to us. Plus, “come ovr I wnt 2 c u” is just not what a girl wants popping up in her inbox.
4. Guiding our hands to their package. Guys, if a girl’s hand isn’t on the zipper of your jeans, it’s not because she got lost and forgot her GPS. She either hasn’t gotten there yet, or just plain doesn’t want to. Trust us, if we want to go there, we know where to find it.
5. Talking too dirty. Yes, we know that most (OK, probably all) guys watch porn. But if we’ve only been on two dates, I don’t want you to “**** my **** while we ****,” thanks. Last time I checked, my name wasn’t Sasha Grey!
6. Comparing us to their ex. Oh, your ex used to make you waffles instead of pancakes in the morning, you say? Hello, that’s so offensive and disrespectful! While he may think of this as just commentary, we’re thinking, “Well if you liked her waffles so much, then why aren’t you still with her?”
7. Flatulating. Um, ew. Excuse you.