Though a number of international companies are still not cruelty-free, it’s easier than ever to choose gorgeous, colorful beauty buys that haven’t been tested on innocent animals. From electrifying pink lipstick to sweet-smelling bath bombs, these 16 ethical picks will keep you looking and feeling oh-so-sexy. For a complete list of cruelty-free companies, click here. Bring on the heat!
1. NYX blush ($5.39, drugstore.com).
Your search for an affordable, cruelty-free blush ends now.
2. Urban Decay Naked2 ($50, sephora.com).
Rarely does a beauty buff stumble across a palette in which every shade is totally wearable (no blues in sight!). Featuring taupe and grey-based neutrals in both matte and sparkly, you’ll have a hard time not swiping it on in the morning. And like all of Urban Decay’s selections, these shades are cruelty-free.
3. 4-in-1 liquid foundation ($36, purminerals.com).
Pür Minerals’ lightweight, cruelty-free formula has got your face covered –literally.
4. Physicians Formula organic wear Fake Out mascara in black ($9.95, drugstore.com).
This 24-hour mascara will go from office to club with ease (read: no smudging or flaking) and is made from 100 percent natural origin ingredients. If that doesn’t have you batting your lashes already, Physicians Formula’s cruelty-free promise will.
5. Countessa fluorescent ($15.99, limecrimemakeup.com).
Not only does Lime Crime boast A-list clients like Nicki Minaj and Adele, but the cruelty-free company also actively supports local shelters and animal organizations. Oh, and the makeup is pretty fab, too! We’re hooked on this notice-me neon pink lipstick, which comes in a tube bearing a unicorn design.
6. Attitude nail color in Summer Sky ($16.95, beautywithoutcruelty.com).
Pair this sweet, summery blue hue with a white sundress and go! Cruelty-free can be that simple.
7. Deerlicious coral lip gloss by Leona Lewis ($7.50, thebodyshop-usa.com).
Your lips will shimmer and shine after you swipe on this sweet coral gloss. The mint flavor is perfect for when you’re puckering up on your next date. Best of all, The Body Shop’s entire selection is cruelty-free, making this pick all the more delicious.
8. MultiplEYE lash enhancing liquid liner ($22, tartecosmetics.com).
Nourish lashes and define eyes with tarte’s HydroPlant peptide-fueled liquid liner. This cruelty-free pick will make your going-out beauty look pop.