20 Crazy Expensive Swimsuits
Tiny scraps of fabric, sewn into bikinis and one piece swimsuits can cost as much as a mortgage payment!
Personally, I could never understand how a bathing suit; be it a bikini or a once piece, could cost so much money. After all, the fabric used is less than a yard. A yard of lycra can’t cost more than $10 on a good day, right? That’s always been my thinking. Every year, I’d struggle with the idea of buying a new suit. Other than the fact I loathe swimsuit weather, I’m a miser when it comes to spending money.
When I found out that there are swimsuits that cost $1000, I knew I had to share the insanity. I doubt that any of the bikinis or one pieces on this list will ever meet chlorine or the sea.
1. Norma Kamali Jorge embellished cutout swimsuit ($950, net-a-porter.com)
2. Emilio Pucci one-piece suit ($625, emiliopucci.com)
3. Zahra Swimsuit ($790, agentprovacteur.com)
4. Eres swimwear, Cache-Cache blazer swimsuit ($650, nancymeyer.com)
5. Yves Saint Laurent leopard print swimsuit ($505, mytheresa.com)
6. Herve Leger cut out bandage one piece swimsuit ($1050, neimanmarcus.com)
7. Gucci saddlery print gathered bandeau one piece suit ($473.99, saksfifthavenue.com)
8. Lanvin asymmetric wrap swimsuit ($995, barneys.com)
9. Jean-Paul Gaultier lace waist plunge neck swimsuit ($410, neimanmarcus.com)
10. Oscar de la Renta strapless bow swimsuit ($545, nancymeyer.com)
Expensive bikinis up next!