Get the Look: Rachel Bilson’s Perfect, Bronze Smoky Eye on ‘Hart of Dixie’
Love Rachel Bilson’s bronze smoky eye on ‘Hart of Dixie?’ Here’s how to recreate it yourself!
You know what we love? The perfect, sultry, smoky eye Rachel Bilson regularly sports on her hit television series, Hart of Dixie. And lucky us, we’ve just discovered the secret to creating it!
As Hart of Dixie’s Makeup Department Head, celeb makeup artist Joni Powell is the mastermind behind the look. Joni, who is a longtime fan of CARGO Cosmetics (just like us!), says, “On the show, Rachel’s character goes for rich earth tones to complement her sophisticated style. I love the CARGO Essential Eye Palette—it has everything I need to create this simple, yet eye-catching, smoky look. Using the Bronze Palette, the look can be easily implemented at home to create your own smoky eye.”
Here’s how to do it:
1. First, pick up CARGO’s Essential Eye Palette in Bronze ($34, amazon.com). Apply the shimmery copper shade (the one helpfully labeled “Lid”) over your entire eyelid, using a flat “fluff brush” to work the color from the inside corner outward.
2. Next, use the nude “Brow Bone” shade underneath the brow as a highlighter. It’ll make your peepers pop!
3. Using an angled brush, apply the darkest shade in the palette (labeled “Outer Corner”) as eyeliner: Create a thick line above the lashes that extends to the outer corner and below the lower lashes to meet the top line, making a triangle at the outer corners.
4. Grab a rounded brush and use it to smudge the linter and drag out the corners. Follow it up with a few coats of CARGO’s TexasLash Mascara ($21, amazon.com) to add drama.
5. Lastly, balance the dramatic eye with a feminine, light pink lip gloss like CARGO’s Long Wear lip gloss in Woodstock ($7.99, amazon.com).
Ta-da! You’ve just created the perfect smoky eye!
Lucia Peters is BettyConfidential’s associate editor.