So you’ve got a wedding to go to. Fun! But what to do about a gift? Think long-term. What are they still going to find useful, 10, 20 years down the road? Some things, like crystal or certain china patterns, never go out of style. A singing fish is only funny once. Follow these suggestions, and you’ll find yourself in wedding gift heaven.
1. A vacuum: expensive and always useful, this is a gift that some couples might not be able to afford, but will need forever. A Swiffer just isn’t the same.
2. Organizing materials, like wine racks and under-the-counter storage: most newlyweds are starved for space, so helping them keep organized is always a thoughtful gift.
3. High-end knives: poor quality knives can become dull over time, between using them and putting them in the dishwasher. A really great set of knives is useful for years to come!
4. Bedding: you don’t want to go rogue and pic out something you think is pretty, because it might not match their style, but if they selected a set and put it on their registry, go ahead. You want them to be comfy, don’t you?
5. Towels: especially nice guest towels that they can trot out when the in-laws come calling.
Read the rest over at YourTango!
More from YourTango: