Well, it took a year and a half, a divorce, and a baby, but Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are finally engaged. Is anyone surprised? Because we’re not. But maybe that’s just us.
According to People, Kanye proposed to Kim on her birthday yesterday; he rented out San Francisco’s AT&T Park for the occasion and popped the question in front of all her (their?) friends and family. It’s a good thing she said yes; otherwise, it could have been awwwwwwkwaaaaaaaaaard. Maybe three times will be the charm for Kim, whose first marriage to music producer Damon Thomas ended in 2004, and whose second… well, we all know how that went.
Think Kim will televise the wedding again? We’re kind of hoping she learned from her mistakes last time, but in the event that she DOES choose to broadcast it, we’re really hoping these ten things happen at it. Drinking game, anyone?
1. Kanye designs Kim’s wedding dress. It’s a $100,000 plain white t-shirt belted at the waist with bling.
2. He also designs her five reception dresses. At least one of them is a tunic-length, $50,000 plain white hoodie.
3. Joan Rivers and the Fashion Police comment on the
red carpet arrivals guest arrivals.
4. Baby North as the flower girl. Because that, at least, would be ADORABLE.
5. The wedding is ordained by Ryan Seacrest.
6. Taylor Swift shows up during the toast to say, “Yo, Kim and Kanye are great, and I’ma let you finish, but Snooki and Gionni are the greatest reality TV show couple of all time!”
7. Given all the marital issues the other Kardashians are having lately, maybe we can hope for a dysfunctional family moment or two. If we’re REALLY lucky, it’ll get immortalized for all time in one of the wedding photos.
8. Kris Jenner brings her masseuse as her date. She spends the entire evening insisting that they’re not a couple while groping each other under the table.
9. Giuliana and Bill Rancic attend. They’re the loveliest part of the whole thing. Baby Edward Duke Rancic hits it off with Mason Dash Disick and prevents him from becoming Scott Disick the Second.
10. Kevin and Danielle Jonas sit in the corner and sulk about how they’re not E!’s biggest reality TV couple.
Tell us: What do you hope will happen at Kim and Kanye’s wedding?
Lucia Peters is BettyConfidential’s senior editor.
Photo Credit: StarTraks Photo