Well, it looks like the rumors are true this time: Kris and Bruce Jenner have officially separated after 22 years of marriage.
E! Online broke the news yesterday (makes sense, given that E! is the home of the Kardashian television empire); the couple said in a statement, “We are living separately and we are much happier this way.” They continued, “But we will always have much love and respect for each other. Even though we are separated, we will always remain best friends, and, as always, our family will remain out number one priority.”
According to TMZ’s insidious little birds, though—by the way, does anyone else think that if the celebrity gossip world were Game of Thrones, TMZ would be Varys?—there are no plans to divorce; Kris and Bruce are simply living separately, and have been doing so since June. I wonder if there’s any significance to the fact that season eight of Keeping Up started airing in June, as well? Hmmmm…
Anyhoo, whether or not Keeping Up with the Kardashians is finally ending, you can bet that Kris will find some way to give herself some media leverage via the separation (because that’s just what Kris does). I’ve got some title suggestions for the very special “Guess What? We’re Separating!” episode of Keeping Up Kris is probably planning as we speak:
- Kris and Bruce’s Storybook Separation: A Kardashian Event
- Kris and Bruce’s Big News
- Kris and Bruce: BFFs 4-Eva! (Just Not Like That)
- Kris and Bruce: “Kids, We Need to Talk”
- Kris and Bruce: Conquering the Great Divide (With a Special Appearance by Oprah Winfry)
- Goodbye, Bruce: A Kris Jenner Special Event
- Well, How Are We Supposed to Keep Shooting Our Show NOW?
Tell us: Surprised? Not surprised? Surprised only that it took this long?
Lucia Peters is BettyConfidential’s senior editor.