Have any of you been watching Sleepy Hollow on Fox? It premiered back in September, and I seem to be strangely addicted to it. Every time I watch it, though (it airs tonight at 9pm EST, by the way), a large variety of questions pop into my head—although not usually about what’s actually happening onscreen. Instead, they pertain largely to how a man from 1781 would adapt to the year 2013. Still, they are pressing questions all the same; I’m curious as to whether anyone out there in Bettyland has wondered about these things, too—and whether you might have speculated a few answers.
In no particular order:
1. How are Ichabod’s clothes so well-preserved? Did the spell that resurrected him resurrect the clothing, too? Because you’d think that all that cloth would have decomposed after being in the ground so long, no?
2. What does Ichabod use to tie his hair back with? Has Abbie introduced him to the wonders of the hair elastic yet?
3. Has Ichabod hopped on the modern bandwagon of bathing more than once every couple of months? What are his thoughts on shampoo and conditioner? How about other male grooming products? Has he considered employing Axe body spray as a weapon?
4. Ichabod’s beard does not appear to be growing more unkempt with time. Is he trimming it with scissors, or has he figured out how to use an electric beard trimmer?
5. What does Ichabod eat? Does Abbie take him out on the department’s dime all the time? Or has he been forced to learn how to use a modern kitchen? Does he think grocery stores are the greatest invention in the history of the world, or is he more of a farmer’s market kind of guy?
6. How does Ichabod feel about William and Kate?
7. What about Johnny Depp and Tim Burton?
Anyone got anything to add?
Lucia Peters is BettyConfidential’s senior editor. Tweet me! @luciapeters