Techy-type gifts are AWESOME for all those hard-to-shop-for peeps on your list. You know the ones I mean: They already have everything, or they’re just difficult to find gifts for. Lucky for us, electronics and gadgets have gone from boring to stylish in the past few years at literally every price point! From iPhone accessories to e-readers, here are a whole bunch of red hot items this holiday season that are sure to please the lucky recipient!
1. Sony Vaio Tap 21 mobile desktop ($999.99 and up, store.sony.com). A PC is no longer just a PC; now they’re entertainment centers, work spaces and TV sets, too! That said, Sony has really gone head first into the “all in one” category. Tap 21s run on a suite of apps, so whether your friends and family want to play Air Hockey or Monopoly, catch up on their favorite TV show on Hulu, or search the tastiest recipes to bake for the holidays, the portable Vaio will have you covered. J’adore!
2. TOUCH TECH lambskin stitch bow gloves ($130, libastyle.com). Have you ever wished you could text or talk on the phone without taking your gloves off? Well, now you can, thanks to these soft lambskin leather with a stitched bow detail at the wrist. They’re perfect for texting on the slopes and the bus stop alike. Texting with cold fingers is so last year!
3. Lenova Yoga tablet ($249.99 and up, shop.lenova.com). The latest addition to the Lenovo family is the Yoga tablet. The kicker for me was a unique cylindrical battery that allows for front facing-speakers and up to 18 hours of reading time! Its “kickstand” enables three different usage modes (hold, stand, and tilt), and it’s available with both 8- and 10- inch screen sizes and built-in multimedia features for entertainment on the go.
4. Ben’s Garden iPhone case ($40, bensgarden.com). iPhone cases are the perfect go-to gift when you A) don’t know what to get or B) don’t want to spend a lot of money. Ben’s Garden has a new iPhone snap-on case collection of whimsical quotes on brightly hued resin cases that are just darling! Made for iPhone 5, the new iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s, they’re perfectly chic gift for any style maven on your list.
5. QuNexus smart sensor keyboard controller ($149, guitarcenter.com). Has tuning into The Voice and The X Factor fanned the flames of the budding musicians in your life? This little gadget might be the answer to their holiday gift prayers! Small enough to fit easily into a Gucci hobo, KMI’s QuNexus is a portable keyboard that will make anyone feel like a rock star instantly. It’s compatible with both iPad or Android tablets, too, so amateur composers can capture their sounds and share them with friends, even while on the go.
6. Kindle Fire HDX ($183.20 and up, amazon.com). If you have an avid reader (or movie watcher!) in your life, you’ll definitely want to check out the brand new Kindle Fire HDX. This 7” powerhouse sports a fab HDX display, virtual surround sound on dual stereo speakers, and 11 hours of battery life—or up to 17 hours if you’re just reading! What really knocked my stilettos off was the new Mayday feature, which is free help available 24/7 with a 15-second-or-less response time goal. Hello! An Amazon expert can co-pilot you through any feature by drawing on your screen, walking you through how to do something yourself, or doing it for you—whatever works best!
You can catch celebrity designer and style expert Courtney Cachet’s design tips, gift guides and easy entertaining ideas on NBC and Better TV, where she dishes out all the latest in all things fab for your home and lifestyle! Keep up with her at courtneycachet.com.