I’ll be honest: Every single thing on here? WANT. BADLY. Of course, this might just be because I am a TOTAL pop culture junkie. If you’ve got a friend who is as obsessed with all things pop culture as I am, surprise ‘em with one of these holiday gift ideas. You’ll be her (or his!) favorite person EVER.
1. Minimalist movie poster ($17, etsy.com). Now THERE’S a movie poster any adult would be proud to display on their wall! I’m lusting after this one for The Life Aquatic, but if your pal isn’t a Wes Anderson fan, there are plenty of other options to choose from. For extra oomph, frame it before gifting it.
2. Roku player ($49.99 – $99.99, roku.com). One of the advantages of having a gaming console these days is that you can stream Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant, and every other television- and movie-streaming service you can think of straight to your television. But what if you’re not a gamer? One word: Roku. This tiny little box will take care of all your streaming needs—making it perfect for the movie or TV buff in your life. Speaking from experience, trust me. It’s the BEST.
3. Mockingjay pin ($11.99, thinkgeek.com). As if you could give a Hunger Games fan anything else.
4. Slimed! An Oral History of Nickelodeon’s Golden Age ($16.08, amazon.com). A must-have for any pop culture enthusiast who grew up in the ‘90s. Hello, nostalgia!
5. Respect the Chemistry mug ($28.95, etsy.com). If your Breaking Bad viewing buddy is still reeling from the series finale, maybe you can help assuage the pain with this beaker mug (meth not included, thank goodness!).
Lucia Peters is BettyConfidential’s senior editor.