Holiday baking sure can be time-consuming, so if you are looking for that fast and easy shortcut that will allow you to squeeze in a little more “me” time this holiday season, bake up a storm with these kitchen timesavers. From five-minute Christmas morning scones to festive and easy-to-make sugar cookies, be prepared to rock the inner domestic diva you never knew was inside of you!
1. Mrs. Fields sugar cookie mix ($1, available at Dollar Tree stores nationwide). With all those festive sprinkles, who could resist this classic holiday cookie? Even better, it will take you half the time to bake compared to whipping it up from scratch.
2. Lake Champlain vegan organic Fair Trade unsweetened cocoa ($10.50, lakechamplainchocolates.com). Make those brownies or cookies extra chocolate-y with this organic Fair Trade unsweetened cocoa.
3. Duff blue suede cake mix ($3.49, duff.com). Wow your SO’s parents with this easy-to-make blue suede cake rich with yummy blueberry flavor. Simply ice it up with some store-bought frosting and your guests will think you slaved over this baby all day.
4. Sarabeth’s perfect buttermilk biscuit mix ($10, sarabeth.com). Ideal for Christmas morning entertaining and for those who like minimal cleanup, this ready-to-make buttermilk biscuit mix pairs wonderfully with fresh fruit and hot coffee.
5. Wholesome Chow organic gluten free scone mix ($5.69, wholesomechow.com). Need another yuletide morning breakfast idea? This dairy and gluten free mix just takes five minutes to make. Add your favorite nuts and dry fruits for an added burst of flavor.
6. Stonewall Kitchen gingerbread cookie mix ($6.95, stonewallkitchen.com). Nothing says Christmas better than some timeless gingerbread treats, so for fast baking, just add an egg and some butter, and voila! A fresh batch of holiday goodness.
Courtney Leiva is a regular contributor to BettyConfidential AND wishing y’all a happy and healthy holiday season.