Book lovers are a very special breed (and trust us to know what that breed is—all of us here at BettyConfidential are definitely part of it!). Not only do we love cracking open a brand new book full of adventures and crazy hijinks, we also love anything related to books. We’ve already covered what new reading material to give the readers in your life; now here are a whole bunch of other creative options holiday gift options that will have any bookworm jumping for joy!
1. Book purse ($58, etsy.com). An old hardcover upcycled into a gorgeous, handmade carry-all? Um, yes please! I’m particularly fond of this Grimm’s Complete Fairy Tales one, but you can find everything from Jane Austen to J. K. Rowling thanks to the wonder that is Etsy.
2. And Then… story starters book ($26.99, shopruche.com). Sick of reading the same old stories? Time to start making up your own! Set your literary pal’s imagination free with this creative story telling book. Take one of the twenty beginnings held within its pages and spin it off however you like. And did I mention that it’s full of underground tunnels, hot air balloons, and more? Gift it along with a nice bottle of wine or a good Scotch—the pairing would make for the classiest drinking game ever.
3. Novel poster ($40, novelposter.com). Think this is just a plain ol’ poster? Look closer. Closer. Closer still… There. See? The image is made up of the entire text of a wonderful novel. This one happens to have The Great Gatsby on it; you can take your pick from any number of other classic works including Peter Pan, The Odyssey, and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. If you REALLY want to go all-out, get a nice frame for it and surprise your bookish bud with the best grown-up apartment decoration ever.
4. Handmade Kindle cover ($67, oberondesigns.com). Oberon Designs makes the most gorgeous hand-tooled leather Kindle covers I’ve ever seen. The one shown here is the paisley design in green; it’s also available in red and orchid. And if paisley isn’t your favorite reader’s thing, have no fear—you can choose from TONS of designs inspired by nature, famous works of art, and more.
5. Book necklace ($45, fab.com). What is it about miniature versions of bigger objects that’s just so appealing? This tiny book necklace is filled with blank pages; either leave ‘em that way and let your giftee fill them in, or write your own messages and sketch a few doodles for her to find.
Lucia Peters is BettyConfidential’s senior editor.