Get the Oscars Look: Kate Beckinsale’s Golden Glow at the Vanity Fair Party
Kate Beckinsale was positively glowing at the Vanity Fair Oscar party this past Sunday night! Here’s how to recreate her look.
Kate Beckinsale may not have been up for any awards at the Oscars this year, but she’s a definite fashion and beauty winner in our book. She hit the Vanity Fair Oscar party after the show in a gorgeous Monique Lhullier creation and a golden makeup look that positively glowed.
Looking for a few new beauty tricks to try on your next big night out? Kate’s makeup artist, Molly Stern, dished about how she created her sparkling eye, flushed cheeks, and pretty pink lip. The look is a little labor intensive, but well worth the effort. Here’s how to get it:
1. First, prep your skin with By Terry’s Seve de Rose ultra-glow serum ($94, beauty.com —it ain’t cheap, but hey, that’s star-tastic beauty for you. Most of the rest of the products used aren’t that pricey—promise!) and apply just enough Chantecaille Future Skin foundation ($72, shop.nordstrom.com) to even out your skin tone.
2. Blend a touch of Rimmel Wake Me Up Instant Radiance Shimmer Touch in Peach Glow ($12.99, amazon.com) onto your cheeks. Follow it up with some of Laura Mercier’s cream cheek color in Rosebud ($24, shop.nordstrom.com); then top it off with a dusting of Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour blush in Santa Rose ($5.95, amazon.com) on the apples of your cheeks.
3. Make your eyes pop with a sexy, golden glow: Start by applying Rimmel ScandalEyes eye shadow stick in Bulletproof Beige ($9.99, amazon.com) all over the lid. Deepen the shadow with NARS Duo eye shadow in Paramaribo ($34, amazon.com).
4. Line your eyes super close to the upper lash line and just below the lower lashline with Rimmel’s ScandalEyes waterproof kohl Kajal eyeliner in Black ($9.99, amazon.com) for definition. If you want to add a little extra pop, line the inside of your wet line with the same type of eyeliner in Nude as well.
5. Two coats of Rimmel ScandalEyes Show Off mascara in Black ($12.99, amazon.com) finish off the eyes.
Shine on, golden girl!
Lucia Peters is BettyConfidential’s senior editor.