Home Makeover: How to Decorate a Chic, Stylish, Tory Burch-Inspired Living Room

Decor inspiration for your home is everywhere... even in your favorite store! Check out how to do a Tory Burch-inspired living room makeover here!
1 / 2

Tory Burch New York

Above: The Tory Burch store on Madison Avenue in New York.

One afternoon I was sitting comfortably on this great couch with my iPad a bottle of water at hand on the coffee table, when I looked around and thought, “I feel like I’m home.” But the thing is, I wasn’t home. I was waiting for my credit card and the pair of sandals I just bought. I was at a Tory Burch store.

As I left through the high gloss orange doors, I started thinking about how so many higher-end retail shops are designed to make you feel like you’re home—or rather, what your home would feel like if you were that particular designer. It makes the shopper linger more, but it also tosses in an added dose of aspiration. Smart. But here’s the thing: I’m much more into being inspirational as opposed to aspirational. So, I decided to take the overall look of the store, which I think is impeccably decorated, and create a living room based on it. Classic, modern, fun and full of color! The budget would be smaller and the timeline would be tight, but this is what I do. So I gathered a bunch of photos from the Internet and picked out the things I liked best from each image. I liked pink more than orange, I love gold metallic, and I like white high gloss. Also, I’d add some more accessories and electronics—after all, this is a home, not a store.

Read Fresh Air + Spring Flair: Fabulous Picks for Your Outdoor Spaces

The room already had hot pink wallpaper on two walls and a muted gold on the other two. Since I was working off of a color palette of pink, orange, gold, and green, this was a pretty good starting point. Then I added the signature white seating, a chic green and white graphic rug, some faux bamboo pieces, a little DIY, a few techy add-ons, and some vintage pieces like glassware and a bar cart. The end result was fabulous, colorful, and modern: A happy, glamorous room.

This look is really about starting with big, classic pieces and punching up the style with details. When you’re using that many brights, it can go from fabulous to all kinds of crazy in just a couple of moves; the key is to stick to the color palette, to make sure the lines are clean, and to keep the details chic.

Last week on NBC’s Open House NY,  I showed viewers exactly how I did it:

Up next is my shopping list—with both some high-end splurges and some inexpensive steals!

follow BettyConfidential on... Pinterest

Read More About...
Related Articles...

26 thoughts on “Home Makeover: How to Decorate a Chic, Stylish, Tory Burch-Inspired Living Room

1. Wow, this store is certainly a great inspiration for any living room. Chic, stylish, purple, gold and a magnificent, yet simple chandelier.

The vintage green frames from the video look pretty much like expensive pieces of art. Good contrast with green to pink, that brings you back to white with red dots or gold, which suits the pink perfectly.

Cheers,
    Samatha
    CleaningHouseLondon.co.uk/

1. Such an inspiring design yo have shared. I really like modern style design but this chic stylish design is really adorable.

2. Such an inspiring design yo have shared. I really like modern style design but this chic stylish design is really adorable.

3. click here says:

This shop is certainly an excellent motivation for any residing space area. Elegant, fashionable, violet, silver and a spectacular, yet easy hanging.

4. Chick and stylish, the perfect design for a luxury designer brand shop. However, in my opinion, this decoration is just too much for a living room – too much colour, gold, and glass.

5. Liquid EPDM says:

I love your ideas betty i am following your blog from last month and did found some of the greatest information about the decoration

6. great I love this post and lovely video. :-)

7. House cleaning is hard work. the best solution for professional-cleaning companies. I would recommend.

8. Elizabeth Wohlfarth says:

I too love Tory Burch's design at home and her stores. It has greatly inspired me…enough that I redid my foyer and used the green velvet as my launching pad for the idea to use green paint…which I have dubbed…"Tory Burch Green" and I nailed it!! My foyer with it's black and white tiled floors and the blue and white lamps and accents along with a leopard "painting" look great!! I need somehow to post a pic on the internet so others can use this same paint green combo I came up with! Now, I'm onto my family room and screened in porch…where I will be further influenced by Tory's own sunroom in her Hampton's home. The other thing I should note…is that I am frugal …always looking for a deal…craigslist kind of gal! And I have basically put together most of my rooms from items I already own,,,have found on Craigslist,,,EBAY, GoodWill or other thrift stores or for free. My motto is…"I save money, so I can spend money"! Friends have said I should have my own show!

9. Wilburn C says:

Hi! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace
    group? There's a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content.
    Please let me know. Cheers

10. Maia Allan says:

Very nice blog to read and to get inform i like it very much and impressed from it you know that you are so beautiful about your work so keep it up.

11. Dominik says:

It was really helpful that you are sharing this details to your readers, I do personally having a worth while reviewing the article. Thanks for sharing.

12. Jens says:

I love what you guys are up too. This kind of clever work and coverage! Keep up the good works guys I've added you guys to our blogroll.

13. Rosamunda says:

Such precision in your work. Can’t imagine the time involved in going from start to completion. Thanks for the post

14. Sherryl says:

It was really helpful that you are sharing this details to your readers.

15. Heather says:

A fascinating conversation is worth comment. I think that you must compose more on this subject.

16. Margaret says:

I have to say, that is pretty rad. I'm utterly impressed.

17. Linda says:

lovely ideas and informative article. i have read many of the article but i found yours top of them. it has great wording and nice collection of pictures also.

18. Jerry says:

I appreciate your blog as well as the sharing.

19. John says:

I thoroughly read all the words from A to Z.Highly admirable effort you have taken to write this all.

20. Sinia says:

21. Josep says:

This is a great blog posting and very useful. I really appreciate the research you put into it…Thanks..

22. Osman says:

This is an AMAZING post – I love the A-z Aspect of it. The mind is SO powerful, and so many people fail to see this or even take full advantage of it!

23. Laila says:

24. Curtis M Stegall says:

Thanks for having this awesome article here. I like your idea to have this awesome video article because your decoration ideas are good to adapt. many people when buy new homes do not have better ideas to make the best interior of it. This type of article help them to make the best decoration of the home also they can use Cottonwood AZ real estate for buying the best home.