21. Rebel lives in West Hollywood with her Bridesmaids costar, British comedian Matt Lucas. Says Rebel, “We played roommates so well in Bridesmaids we thought, ‘Yeah, we’ll do it for real.’ Except instead of annoying Kristen Wiig, we’re now annoying all the neighbors nearby.”
22. Apparently the aforementioned neighbors do not appreciate the duo’s penchant for singing showtunes. Rebel and Matt received this letter from one of them (which Rebel gave a dramatic reading of on Conan): “Dear neighbor, I am living somewhere behind you. I am glad you are enjoying your new pool and hot tub but I am trying to sleep. I can hear everything you say, even the British accents. If you continue to make noise past 10pm I will call the cops. We have rules here in West Hollywood, seriously. And stop singing show tunes from Annie. Both of you are way to old to ever be cast as child orphans. ‘The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow’ – yeah, and so will the cops! Welcome to the neighborhood.” Rebel notes that the “seriously” was underlined for extra emphasis.
23. Rebel is “happy to use my physicality to get laughs.” However, she was also happy to be the celebrity ambassador for Jenny Craig Australia in 2011 and 2012. She notes that post-Bridesmaids when she was shooting film upon film back to back, “it [helped] to be fitter, healthier, and have more energy,” so the call from Jenny Craig came at just the right time.
24. Though she’s no longer working with Jenny Craig (her work commitments keep her in LA, rather than Australia these days), her goal is “chubby, but cute,” not “size six lollipop lady”—that is, healthy, but normal. That philosophy gets our stamp of approval.
25. Rebel is a distant relative of Walt Disney.
Be sure to catch Rebel in Pain & Gain, out this weekend!
Lucia Peters is BettyConfidential’s senior editor.
Above: Rebel is the perfect lady in red at the ‘Pitch Perfect’ premiere.