Beauty Road Test: Buh-Bye Argan Oil – Hello, Marula Oil!

Are you an argan oil enthusiast? Get ready to shove that bottle aside, because you'll love the Leakey Collection's fabulous, skin-hydrating Marula Oil!

Marula Dropper

Yes, ladies, I happen to be a proud argan oil enthusiast… but as of late, the Leakey Collection’s Marula Oil ($78, marula.com) and I have become thicker than thieves. Unlike grapeseed and argan oil, omega-rich, East African Marula Oil contains a higher concentration of antioxidants and Omega 9 acid to help fight the appearance of fine line and wrinkles.

Read Beauty Road Test: Take Your Skin to Paradise With Alba Botanica’s  Mini Peel + Scrub

My skin absolutely loves this non-greasy formula. Always light and fast-absorbing, it leaves my complexion glowing, supple and velvety smooth. Pro tip: It also gives a kick of long-lasting hydration, so apply some of it before you moisturize and you’ll have soft, dewy skin all day long.

Appropriate for all skin types, it’s no wonder that this firming skin treatment is totally a must-have this summer! Pick a bottle of it up for yourselves at marula.com—it’s definitely worth the splurge!

Courtney Leiva is a regular contributor to BettyConfidential AND is saving the world, one lipstick at a time!

follow BettyConfidential on... Pinterest

Read More About...
Related Articles...

9 thoughts on “Beauty Road Test: Buh-Bye Argan Oil – Hello, Marula Oil!

1. thank you for the recommendation, I personally prefer argan oil for my hair, I use the one from pro naturals which is really nice, keeps my hair soft, shiny and healthy.

2. Maureen says:

Yes, it's great as long as you have no nut allergies! My cousin had a horrible reaction to this oil. I'll definitely be sticking to my argan oil!!

3. Argan Oil says:

Argan acrylic won't necessitate any kind of exclusive practice at all to be don. This is often applied in lots of ways, be it direct program on the acrylic for the head of hair or even through top of the head deep massages. It can every bit on the work with its client. Aside from that, this consists of antioxidants which will struggle totally free radicals via doing more problems for the particular top of the head and also follicles.

4. Interesting article.
    Just a quick note about Argan oil: It is BEST when used pure and un-mixed with other substances. This allows to get the best and quickest results possible.
    Keep up the great work!

5. Paul133 says:

Interesting to note the differencesbetween the two oils.
    Marula Oil has TWICE the Oleic acid content of Argan.
    But it has a quarter of the Linoleic Acid levels.

Apart from that they are very similar in chemical composition.
    Question is which is best for skin high Oleic Acid or High Linoleic levels?
    Any one know which is best?

6. Mary says:

thanks for the great informations about Marula Oil !

7. beauty2014 says:

Marula oil is hand harvested by women in the villages of Southern Africa, who use it for its medicinal benefits, in particular protecting the skin and hair from the harsh, dry weather conditions.

8. Adam says:

Wow I've never heard of Marula oil before, but it sounds great-I would love to try it!