Miranda Kerr might not be a Victoria’s Secret Angel anymore, but she’s keeping plenty busy with other projects. This includes putting in an appearance on the cover of Vogue Korea’s July 2013 issue… for which she has, for some odd and unexplained reason, been dressed in a pair of grey granny panties and a white moto jacket. What do you think, Bettys? Love it or hate it?
Now, I’m all for high-waisted lingerie looks (this, for example, is magnificent)—but somehow I just can’t get behind this one. I also can’t help but feel that Miranda herself looks mildly horrified at what she’s wearing. Based on the expression on her face, here’s what I imagine might be going through her head here:
- “Out of all the things you could have put me in, you chose this? Seriously? #stylistproblems”
- “Ack! I just got out of the shower, and the doorbell is ringing, AND I can’t find my towel! Gotta open the door—what to wear, what to wear??? Ummm…. THIS! I will wear this!”
- “Orlando, did you forget to do the laundry again? Because all I seem to have clean is this jacket and… these.”
- “Major dilemma. If actually do, by some terrible chance, end up in flagrante surely these would be most attractive at crucial moment. However, chances of reaching crucial moment greatly increased by wearing these; scary stomach-holding-in pants very popular with grannies the world over. Tricky. Very tricky.”
- “I am soooooo stoned right now.”
For the curious, here’s what Miranda was wearing on the April 2013 cover of Vogue Australia:
I like that one better, but maybe that’s just me.
Tell us: Hot? Not? Another baffling example of how little sense “high fashion” often makes?
Lucia Peters is BettyConfidential’s senior editor.