Hey laaaadies! Are you ready to “Pony Up?!” September 7th is National Donate Your Hair Day (NDYHD) and we have an amazing opportunity for you. How would you like to not only make a HUGE difference in the life of a woman with cancer, but get to attend an amazing event in NYC AND get your hair cut and styled by a celebrity stylist who has worked with gorgeous women like Zooey Deschanel, Rooney Mara, and Naomi Watts. Tempting? Read on…
This year marks the second annual National Donate Your Hair Day, a nation-wide event dreamed up by Beautiful Lengths, a collaboration between that most awesome of hair care companies, Pantene, and the American Cancer Society (the largest non-profit health organization committed to saving lives from every cancer AND improving the quality of life for people facing the disease). To date, thanks to truly awesome women like you, Pantene has donated 28,000 free, real-hair wigs to the American Cancer Society’s wig banks, which distribute wigs to cancer patients across the country.
“It was very hard when my hair started falling out…
It really takes away who you are when you look in the mirror.”
-Beautiful Lengths wig recipient
Here’s a great video created that will totally inspire you to support the program:
Follow in Tamara’s footsteps by entering to win a cut and style by a Pantene Celebrity Stylist! Read on to find out how it works…
Jennifer Lawrence chopped her locks earlier this year. Check out more celebs rocking short hair here!
We’re going to choose one reader and her guest to join us at a fabulous event on Saturday, September 7th, at the Mark Garrison Salon in NYC. Here are all the incredible details about what you can expect:
* New short hair styled by Pantene Celebrity Stylist and Global Ambassador, Danilo and his team of assistants.
* Makeup touch-ups by COVERGIRL to make sure you’re picture perfect and ready for the Pantene pink carpet!
*A gift bag filled with products from Pantene, CoverGirl and Seventeen magazine.
In order to be eligible for this opportunity, you must live in the tri-state area AND meet the Beautiful Lengths donation guidelines:
- Have a minimum of 8 inches of hair to donate
- Have hair that’s free of dyes, bleaches, or chemicals and be no more than 5% gray
Ready to Pony Up? There are THREE ways you can enter! Choose 1 or all of them:
1. Tweet a photo of yourself and the phrase: I want to #ponyup with @BettyBuzz and donate my hair to @Pantene #BeautifulLengths! #BettyNDYHD http://bit.ly/17QZy9o
Then, leave a comment below with a link to your Tweet, and tell us why you want to be chosen!
2. Post a photo of yourself to BettyConfidential’s Facebook page, along with the phrase: I want to #ponyup with @BettyBuzz and donate my hair to @Pantene #BeautifulLengths! #BettyNDYHD http://bit.ly/17QZy9o
and tell us why you want to be chosen!
Then, leave a comment here with your Facebook name so we’re sure to be able to contact you.
3. Email us your photo and the reason why you want to participate to:
editorial @ BettyConfidential.com
with “PONY UP” in the subject line. Please also leave a comment below letting us know you did!
If you have any questions at all, just ask in the comments below or send an email to editorial @ BettyConfidential.com. We’re happy to help!
You have from now until Wednesday, September 4th to enter. We’ll be notifying the winner on Thursday Sept. 5th.
Now, we know that not all of our readers live near to NYC, but you guys can still participate! You can pledge to donate next year or plan your own a donation cutting event for this September 7th. (If you do, we want to hear all about it!!) Even something as simple as Tweeting your support for the program @Pantene using #BeautifulLengths will help support the cause!
Good luck! We can’t wait to see your photos!
This post is sponsored by Pantene Beautiful Lengths. Pony Up!