Did you tune into The Bachelorette’s season finale last night Bettys? If you did, you’ll know that the dude who won Desiree Hartsock’s final rose shockingly wasn’t Brooks Forester—it was Chris Siegfried. Said Desiree to Chris during the rose ceremony, “I feel like I was blindsided by my feelings for Brooks, that I couldn’t see that the one thing I always needed was right in front of me. You have been by my side from the very beginning… I thank you every day for never giving up. And you mean the absolute world to me. I love you. I love you so much.”
Chris replied, “You make me want to be a better person, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I don’t want to make decisions for me anymore; I want to make decisions for you, and us, and our lives together. Desiree Hartsock, I want to be your first, and I want to be your last. Will you marry me?”
She said yes, of course! But how much do you know about the 27-year-old Oregon native who stole Desiree’s heart? Check out these six fast facts about him:
1. Although he’s a mortgage broker now (he works for HomeStreet Bank Mortgage Lending in Seattle), he was once a pro baseball player: He was drafted by the Chicago Cubs in 2007, when he was just 21 years old. He considers this to be his greatest achievement in life (so far, at least).
2. He’s also done some modeling. Don’t believe us? Witness:
Check out more of Chris’ modeling shots here!
3. He graduated from the University of Portland’s Entrepreneur Scholars Program, a competitively selected group of undergraduate students from all majors across the university’s campus geared towards giving the business greats of the future a leg up today. Smartypants!
4. His favorite board game is Scrabble.
5. He’s a closet poet. Apparently he used to write poetry; he’s got a book full of poems that he’s only shared with a handful of his nearest and dearest. He wrote most of them between 2009 and 2011; they focus largely on relationships, places he travelled, and (of course) baseball. The jury’s still out on whether they’re any good, though!
6. He’s a little bit of an adrenaline junkie. Two of the top three items on his bucket list are fairly high octane: He wants to drive the Autobahn because he likes to go fast, and he wants to go snowboarding in Switzerland.
Tell us: Do you think Desiree chose the right guy?
Lucia Peters is BettyConfidential’s senior editor.