Mara Hoffman let the sunshine in for spring/summer 2014 with a prism of colors. Nick Irwin gives us the scoop on how to snag those embellished braids:
- It’s prep time! Slather a generous dollop of Curlesque strong mousse onto hair, working it from roots to ends. Brush through with a paddle brush creating a center part from hairline to nape.
- To the left, to the left! Collect strands on the left side of your head and French braid them directly behind the ear. Tie the end with a thin elastic band. Repeat on the right side. TIP: Use a smidgen of Session Series true wax on fingertips to keep bits from escaping the braid.
- Short(ish) tresses? No problem! Attach pre-braided extensions to each French braid using elastic string. Don’t forget to check and make sure they’re secured tightly. Set braids with Sleek Mystique Look Lock hairspray.
- Bind the two braids with a colorful woven belt at the nape of the neck (the bolder the better). Pin in place and tuck away the ends.
- Spray the crown and hairline with Your Highness weightless shine spray for shine that lasts. Who’s ready to hit the runway?