Hair by UNITE Hair Lead Stylist Paul Hanlon
Helmut Lang’s pony tails are a bit masculine, a bit edgy, and totally cool-girl chic! Paul Hanlon shares a rundown on how to recreate the look in front of the bathroom mirror at your studio (apartment, that is…but we won’t tell).
- You’re mere steps away from perfecting your nod to the ‘90s! First, prep hair with 7Seconds Condition, which contains a thermal protector. Run a paddle brush through mane as you blow dry to achieve pin-straight locks.
- Next, apply Session Whip liberally from roots to ends and continue. Blow dry until hair is completely dry.
- Use a rattail comb to create the distinct part. Continue to blow dry the hair straight down.
- Take 2-inch sections of hair and spray the roots of each one with the Max Control hairspray. As with the previous steps, continue to use a blow dryer to set the hair.
- Pull the hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck and secure with an elastic. Then, wrap with a black leather hair accessory.
- For a finishing touch, pull out some of the baby hairs for an effortless, natural look.