Hair by Wella Professionals Global Creative Director Eugene Souleiman
Peter Som dubs his floral and stripe-heavy spring/summer 2014 collection “surf style meets downtown.” Sold yet? Eugene Souleiman tells us how to perfect the California-surfer-turned-Manhattan-socialite ‘do:
- Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair (recommended: Enrich shampoo and conditioner).
- Spray Ocean Spritz liberally at the roots and throughout the length of the hair. Do not comb through.
- Create natural volume by blow drying hair upwards at the root in a circular motion.
- Pull hair into a high ponytail between the occipital and crown. Secure with an elastic band.
- Twist ponytail and tie into a knot, securing with several pins.
- Spray hair again with Ocean Spritz and blow dry to add texture.
- Gently pull a few pieces of the hair out, creating looseness and imperfection in the look.
- Finish by pumping a dime size amount of Oil Reflections into hands, rub together and apply to the roots of the hair in an upwards motion for a shiny texture. Downtown Manhattan, here you come!