In Her Words
Awaken the Diva Within!
Exclusive advice for BettyConfidential.com to Divas-in-Training from Miss Piggy, one of the most famous divas of our time, from her newest tome, “The Diva Code”
What Every Diva Needs to Know
• It is better to live beyond your means than beneath your standards.
• Anything worth doing is worth having someone else do.
• If at first you don’t succeed, complain loudly until they give it to you.
• When the going gets tough, vous are obviously in the wrong place.
• Never put off tomorrow what you can buy today.
• Always be generous … to yourself.
• Always be gracious … You never know who’s going to marry into money.
• Always forgive and forget. (Except in cases where total and complete annihilation of your adversary is the only logical option, which happens more often than vous might imagine.)
• Always be 100% sincere. No, really, I mean it …Honestly, would moi lie to you?
• Never do an infomercial, unless they throw in the beachfront place in Maui where it’s being shot.
• Never say “no” to a charity, especially if it’s for a good cause, and most especially if you get to buy a new dress and sit next to George Clooney.
• Never use your position of power to harm others, unless they obviously deserve it.
• Never hold a grudge. Act on it.
• Never ever touch my frog.
What Makes A Diva
Being a diva is not about your money, looks, status, and fabulous accessories. It’s about your personal commitment to excellence … And your money, looks, status, and fabulous accessories.
Diva Words to Live By
• The best things in life are free … if you get comped.
• If you can’t stand the heat … turn up the air conditioning.
• You can lead a horse to water … but why would you want to?
• If you can dream it … you can marry it!
Becoming A Diva
Believe in yourself
Get an entourage.
Get your entourage to believe in you.
Get a publicist.
Pay your publicist to believe in you.
Get your publicist to figure out how to get other people to believe in you without paying them.
Rinse and repeat.
The Way of the Diva
• Surround yourself with people who want to be vous.
• Get in touch with your inner diva. Even if it means leaving a message with her service.
• Embrace scandal. Embarrassment is a small price to pay for publicity.
• Make a grand entrance. (No grand, no entrance.)
• Don’t just count your blessings, have them audited regularly.
• Demand as much of yourself as you do of others. Naaaah!
From Diva Code, The: Miss Piggy on Life, Love, and the 10,000 Idiotic Things Men Frogs Do by MISS PIGGY. Copyright © 2009 The Muppets Studio, LLC. Published by Hyperion. Available wherever books are sold. All rights reserved.