Celeb Gossip: Top 5 Picks
1. Life imitating art? At the Women in Film Awards in Los Angeles on Friday, Jennifer Aniston took to the stage to accept a Crystal Award for broadening the role of women in the entertainment industry. Displaying a softer, more candid side than we are typically used to seeing, she joked about how the movies she participles in tend to relate to her own life in one way or another.
“It started with, well, The Good Girl,” Aniston mused. “Then that evolved into Rumor Has It, followed by Derailed, and then there was The Break-Up. And then on the lighter side was Friends with Money, which I felt was a bit on the nose. So if any of you have a project titled Everlasting Love with an Adult, Stable Male …”
Good luck Jen, especially if you continue to go after schmucks like ol’ John Mayer! (FOXNews.com)
2. Remember how long it took before Usher finally agreed to marry Tameka Foster? Well it appears that all the hemming and hawing was in vain; Mr. Smooth has filed for divorce (after less than two years). Friends claim that the two have been living separate lives for months, and that Usher was never one to stay at home with the babies. Bearing in mind that this is the man who once sung about his “chick on the side” who had “one on the way”– are we really that surprised? (The Celebrity Café)
3. Proving just how truly fabulous she really is, Dolly Parton spent Saturday afternoon with hundreds of Tennessee Girl Scouts. The songbird presented the troops with the new “Coat of Many Colors” patch, made in honor of her 1971 hit. The tune is about how Dolly‘s classmates used to poke fun at a coat that her mother had stitched together from old rags. Prior to leaving she told the girls “A person can make money, but money can’t make a person.” Dolly has never forgotten where she came from … too bad more superstars aren’t like that. (Omg!)
4. Donning a bathing suit that apparently cost several hundred dollars, but which really belongs on the $1 rack at Kmart, Cheryl Cole hit the beach in the South of France this weekend. Sure Cheryl’s gorgeous and has it goin’ on, but why the pea soup with giant sequins getup? (Daily Mail)
5. Poor little Prince Harry, he’s still pining away for fellow party animal Chelsy Davy. Sources claim that he is so heartbroken over the split that he has dumped his latest conquest, TV presenter Caroline Flack.
“Everybody makes it sound like Harry dumped Chelsy and he’s having a ball playing the field. But it is actually the other way around,” a friend told The Sun. “Harry is taking it quite hard.”
Somehow we’re not convinced that Harry was chasing Chelsy around with a diamond ring … (Monsters and Critics)