What’s for Dinner?
Election Day Drinks to Get You in the Mood
Drown your sorrows or toast to victory with these themed drinks
Whether you’re hosting a party or watching the election results by yourself, here are a few drinks to get you in the mood.
• A Muddler (or anything slender and sturdy for smashing the mint leaves and sugar on the bottom of the glass into each other with)
• 12-14 oz. Collins glass, or any standard glass
• 3-4 spearmint leaves
• 2 teaspoons of sugar
• 1 shot of white rum
• Club Soda
1. Put 3-4 mint leaves, lime peels, and sugar in the bottom of the glass.
2. Muddle (mash these items together).
3. Fill Collins Glass with ice.
4. Pour a shot of white rum over the ice and swizzle everything together at the bottom of the glass.
5. Fill the remainder of the Collins glass with soda water.
6. Cut 1 lime slice and garnish on rim of glass.
• ½ can Red Bull energy drink
• 2 oz. Jagermeister liqueur
1. Pour Red Bull and Jagermeister into glass
2. Garnish with a lime wedge on rim of glass