Top 5 Picks from Around the Web
1. If Paris Hilton, Pam Anderson and Kim Kardashian have taught us anything, it’s that if you are in the slightest way associated with fame and fortune, stay away from” intimate keepsakes.” Revealing photos and videos of French First Lady Carla Bruni were stolen from her ex-lover’s brother’s house on Sunday. Police are currently on the hunt for the thieves, but so far it’s slim pickins. Raphaël Enthoven (the former beau) had originally given the “memorabilia” to his younger sibling some time ago for safe keeping, as he did not wish to embarrass Carla’s husband, President Nicolas Sarkozy … too late! Well this is one method of steering attention away from Michelle Obama! (Sky News)
2. Uhhh … what? At the Film Society of Lincoln Center event in honor of Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts took to the podium and shocked audience members with her thoroughly bizarre speech.
“So Tom, everybody f—–g likes you,” she announced. “All my bits are gone. Listen, I had lunch today with Rita [Wilson, Hanks' wife], and her t–s were here [motioned high] and her waist was here [motioned small] and her a– was like that [motioned high], so what can I tell you that’s new? Tom Hanks, what the f–k?”
Sounds like somebody had a tee many martoonies before the show! (Socialite Life)
3. New tunes and a new man? Rihanna‘s been doing more than just splashing about in the surf with gal pals Katy Perry and Kelly Clarkson, she’s been spending time with a sexy young stud on a private beach in Barbados. The mystery man, who definitely bears a resemblance to Chris Brown, was seen cavorting with Rihanna at the Sandy Lane seashore this week. If he’s a good guy, this could be the perfect way for RiRi to successfully move on from her “alleged” batterer. (Daily Mail)
4. Eh, what’s a little swine flu — “pig flu” if you talk to Spencer — when there are music videos to be made? Never ones to allow practicality to get in a the way of a good time, newlyweds Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt are in Cabo San Lucas to work on the singer’s new video, “Sex Ed” (does Heidi dress up like a slutty school nurse?) This morning Spencer told Ryan Seacrest that he and his wife are “in isolation, we’re in full hiding.” Yeaaah, that’s why you were photographed on Monday playing with your iPhone on the balcony of your super ritzy suite. (Omg!)
5. Michael Jackson is up to his old wacked-out ways. The father of three took his masked children on a shopping spree yesterday afternoon, looking like he had robbed a poorly decorated mannequin in the process (what’s with that coat?) Prior to stopping off at an Ed Hardy store, the family visited Off The Wall Antiques in LA. How fitting! (PerezHilton)