10 Luscious Lip Glosses to Wear Now
Say goodbye to chapped lips and hello to steamy kisses!
With snowstorms and seriously dropping temps around the corner, it’s more important than ever to prepare your pout for some serious smooching. But with the onslaught of those brutal winds and frigid temperatures, silky soft lips are easier said than done, right? Not anymore! With these ten glosses, your lips will not only feel like a buttery oasis, but will look super shiny and totally irresistible to your beau.
Forget dessert –the only thing he’ll be craving is your pucker!
1. Sisley Paris Confort Extreme Levres nutritive lip balm ($72, saksfifthavenue.com).Soft, ultra-shiny lips are just a few swipes away! Natural plant extracts and soothing oils like hazelnut, sunflower, and Shea butter work to repair dry, cracked lips. Stow this in your bag to gloss over that fiery red date night lipstick. So worth the hefty price tag!
2. J.R. Watkins Simply Mauve-lous lip tint ($4.59, jrwatkins.com). Don’t be deceived: while this might look like your usual tube of lip balm, it’s anything but clear and sticky. This natural beeswax balm leaves your lips with a tinge of color plus a delish peppermint taste. The best part? The award winning gloss is absolutely effortless. No mirror or blotting tissues required! Purse, meet your new BFF.
3. Piret & Tamara Lip Slip in Cherie ($25, piretandtamara.com). Mon Cherie amour, pretty little gloss that we adore. A shining plum pigment with a tinge of cherry makes this tiny tube one haute addition to your beauty bag. Très chic!
4. Iman Luxury Lip shimmer in velvet ($10, imancosmetics.com). Bettys, meet your new go-to winter gloss! This rich hue features sparkling gold undertones and a thick, lasting texture. While this shade is a bit dark for fair skinned gals, it will be perfect for skin tones from beige to dark brown. How can something so small be so versatile? Well, you can make the color darker or lighter depending on how much you blot, and the golden shine never leaves (when they said shimmer, they meant it!).
5. Bite Lip Shine in plum ($20, sephora.com).Formulated without harmful chemicals, this gloss will nurture your lips sans the harmful byproducts. After all, who wants to constantly slather damaging ingredients onto their precious puckers?
6. Stila holiday lip glaze set ($25, stilacosmetics.com). These eight gorgeous glazes (for the price of one!) will give you much needed options and a shine. With shades ranging from apricot to grapefruit, keep ‘em all for yourself (we wouldn’t blame you) or share with the besties.
7. Colour Riche Le Gloss in Blushing Berry ($7.95, lorealparisusa.com).Hello, cinnamon! This scented tube of gloss is good enough to eat, but resist the temptation. You’ll love how kissable it makes your lips look. Thanks to a healthy dose of Omega 3 and protective Vitamin E, your pout will shine on while feeling super soft to another pair of lips.
8. Avon Ultra Color Rich Moisture Seduction Lipstick in Nude Perfection ($3.99, avon.com). Keep the sun’s harmful rays at bay (yes, they can still damage your sensitive lips in the winter) with this perfectly sheer SPF 15 lip color.
9. Pixi succulent lip twin in Pink Peony ($18, pixibeauty.com). This lip balm/cheek tint duo is great for women on the go (as in, all of us!). With Aloe Vera, moisturizing Jojoba Oil, and healing Lavender extract, you’ll sit pretty knowing that this gloss has got your face covered.
10. Essence glossy lipbalm in sparkling cherry ($.99, ulta.com).A pack of gum or this sultry red gloss? We’re going for both without going for broke. A cherry red shimmer on the waaay cheap…what more can a gloss-obsessed girl ask for?
Diana Denza is a regular contributor to BettyConfidential and a lip gloss junkie.