10 Sexy Swimsuits to Wear On Your Vacation
From vibrant neons to sizzling prints, we’ve rounded up the season’s hottest swimsuits. Plus, get expert advice from designer Red Carter on finding your perfect match.
Bettys, nothing can put a damper on beachside spring vacation plans like swimsuit shopping. Besides the terrifyingly tiny bikinis lining the racks, there’s always that one friend who looks good in everything. Yeah, we’re jealous happy for her. But luckily for us, Miami based swimwear designer Red Carter feels our pain.
“Buying a swimsuit can be the most challenging thing for any woman to buy,” Carter told us in an exclusive interview. “I always recommend to start first with a dirty martini!”
And that’s not all the swimwear guru advises. So before you start shopping our 10 picks, go for a swim with Carter’s five top tips.
1. When in doubt, the most functional swimwear is a triangle silhouette with side ties. This swimsuit is adjustable at the bust and neck around the top and ties at the side of the pant, so no matter if you gain a few pounds over the winter it should still cover your curves. For the larger figured ladies, an adjustable halter top with ties and a sash/side tie on the bottom offers better coverage but will fit you for a lifetime.
2. Always hand wash and line dry your swimwear; never put a swimsuit in a dryer. Heat affects the elasticity of the Lycra fibers which makes the fabric stretch, breaking down the fibers of the fabric give you a diaper droop in your sexy swimwear.
3. Find a suit that truly speaks your message this season. I find that much like belts, bags and shoes, swimwear is a statement piece in your wardrobe.
4. Always invest in a basic black swimsuit. Like the little black dress, a little black swimsuit can take you through a season and can also be a great investment for your collection.
5. Make sure you buy a swimsuit that is your size. There is nothing worse than a suit that is too small or doesn’t fit correctly.
Red Carter Pyramids bandeau bikini ($75, top, shopbop.com,$66 bottoms, shopbop.com).“Ruffles are still a major focus on the shores because they can really hide figure flaws and help add a size to any small busted girls,” Carter explained. Paired with a bold hue or print, you’ll be the hottest thing on the sand.
Marc By Marc Jacobs Cleo mix print bandeau bikini ($153.98, top, $153.98, bottom, asos.com). Cool hues and pretty prints make this two piece a must have for your suitcase.
Colorblock bikini ($10.80 top,$9.80 bottom, forever21.com). “Colorblocking styles look amazing in bold hues,” Carter said. So what are you waiting for? Go stun ‘em!
Wild Child bikini ($150, luxswim.com). The leopard print trend has pawed its way to the top of the fashion scene and shows no signs of retreat. Give it a nod with this sultry, shimmering suit.
Firm control ruched tankini ($120-$128 tops, $62-$72 bottoms, victoriassecret.com). Belly fat and love handles won’t stand a chance against this ruched tankini. Gals, go ahead and breathe a much-needed sigh of relief.
Sexy one piece swimwear up next!