10 Sultry Scents to Spice Up Your Season
Step one: pick a scent and spray. Step two: Grab your guy and well, you know…
The weather outside is frightful, but who said you should shiver outside in the cold? Before snuggling by the fire with your beau, take a trip to an island paradise or a midnight fairy land simply by spraying on a scent. We chatted with Mark Knitowski, the VP of Fragrance at Victoria’s Secret Beauty about finding the fragrance that’ll make you sizzle this season.
“Pick a fragrance that makes you feel good, that you want to wear because it transforms you, takes you on a journey, gives you a feeling of self-confidence,” Knitowski told us. “We are all different and fragrances react to each of our own skin in a specific way and projects a part of who we are in the moments we wear it. Oh wait, there is one simple trick: ENJOY what your wear!”
To help you on your scent search, we rounded up a few of the newest, hottest fragrances on the market now. With ten of winter’s sexiest aromas at your fingertips, you’ll be a hit in more ways than one!
1. Bombshell in Love eau de parfum ($49, 1.7 oz., victoriassecret.com).Lush grapefruit, peony, and sandalwood make this fragrance flirty, feminine, and completely unforgettable. Enchant him by spraying it on in all the right places.
“The best areas are your pulse point (wrists), cleavage areas, and just behind the ears,” Knitowski explained. “Remember: when applying, do not rub wrists together. Rubbing heats the area and the fragrance and flashes the top notes of the fragrance quicker, which doesn’t allow for the truest rendition of the fragrance.”
2. Vera Wang Princess Night eau de toilette ($60, 1.7 oz., macys.com).You’ll be his queen after he catches those hints of sweet berries, watermelon, passion rose, and musk. And as it turns out, your seductive power isn’t the work of a fairy godmother!
“Certain notes react with your own body odor to heighten your level of confidence and enable you to project yourself more effectively,” Knitowski said. “They are apple, musk, amber, and rose.”
3. Graciella by Toca eau de parfum ($68 for 1.7 oz., sephora.com).Searching for something chic, ladylike, and effortlessly romantic? You’ve just met your match! Inspired by beauty muse Grace Kelly, you’ll fill the streets with the scent of Asian pear, watery apricot, and cashmere musk. Now that’s unforgettable.
4. Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Love Me Tight eau de parfum ($107 for 1.7 oz., nordstrom.com). It’s called Flowerbomb for a reason! As soon as you start to spray, you’ll be struck with the gorgeous scent of Sambac jasmine, Centifolia rose, Cattleya orchid, and Ballerina freesia. Our senses are in bloom already.
5. Infinite Moment for Her by Avon eau de toilette ($19.50 for 1.7 oz., avon.com). Raspberry leaves enveloped by florals and warm vanilla makes this sweet scent a date night must-have. Can’t you just smell the love in the air?
6. Cocktail by Flowers and Water eau de parfum ($56 for 1.7 oz., flowersandwater.com). This is one cocktail that won’t ever leave you with a hangover. He’ll soon be drunk off of the alluring combination of violet leaves, jasmine petals, and amber notes. Don’t worry, ‘cause there’s no way he’ll forget you the next morning!
7. L’Eau De Chloé by Chloé eau de toilette ($65 for 1.7 oz., sephora.com). Give spring an early welcome with this flowery fragrance. You’ll channel sunny days spent in the great outdoors with the merging of this scent’s woodsy, floral, and rose notes. Just be sure not to stick this one near the heat!
“The best way to maintain the integrity of a scent is to store it in a cool dark space (refrigerator is as example), as this prolongs the impact of the different scent molecules over time to smell the same as when you originally purchased,” Knitowski advised. “If it is stored in direct sunlight or excess heat, it could start to change in less than six months.”
8. Billionaire Boyfriend eau de parfum ($75 for 1.7 oz., sephora.com).You don’t need a billionaire beau (though that would be nice) to smell like you just left a diamond-filled fairyland. With black jasmine, black velvet orchid, amber, and sandalwood notes, you’ll feel like the most pampered princess.
9. A is for Aldo Red ($45 for 75 ml., aldoshoes.com).We’re guessing that the sandalwood, amber wood, and musk is what makes this aroma red hot. Try this fiery fragrance the next time you’re with your guy and create fireworks.
10. Isfarkand eau de parfum ($125.66 for50 ml., ormondejayne.com).This beloved classic (used by guys and gals alike) just got a totally luxe update! Ormonde Jayne Perfumery, the company behind Isfarkand, teamed with Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park to stock its products in suites for hotel guests. Mandarin, lime, and pink pepper? You won’t find a better way to heat up your night!
Diana Denza is a regular contributor to BettyConfidential.