10 Cute Summer Dresses That Are Appropriate for Work
What to wear to stay cool on hot days without flashing too much skin at the office.
On hot, sticky, sweaty summer days, you may wish that you could show up to work naked — the thought of wearing long pants and a top that are “office appropriate” is already making you perspire.
To beat the heat, a dress is your best option. It’s light, breezy and easy, so long as it doesn’t show too much skin. For most workplaces, acceptable dresses hit at the knee or right above it and cover your shoulders, like Gwyneth Paltrow’s above. For more conservative offices, accessorize with a light sweater to cover your arms.
Here are 10 work appropriate dress options that will keep you looking stylish and feeling cool from nine to five:
1. Ann Taylor Floral Print Crossover Dress ($158, anntaylor.com)
2. Banana Republic Silk Bianca Artiste Dress ($150, bananarepublic.com)
3. Gap Pleated Ruffle Dress ($57.99, gap.com)
4. Boden Pleat Neck Dress ($88, bodenusa.com)
5. The Limited Button-Down Shirt Dress ($62.93, thelimited.com)
6. Anthropologie Galah Dress ($178, anthropologie.com)
7. New York & Co. Sleeveless Shirt Dress with Wrap Tie ($62.95, nyandcompany.com)
8. Calvin Klein Cotton Sateen Shift Dress ($99.99, calvinklein.com)
9. Ann Taylor Loft Graphic Clouds Knit Wrap Dress ($69.50, anntaylorloft.com)
10. DVF Sliced Dress ($325, dvf.com)
Tell us: what do you wear to work on hot summer days?
Faye Brennan is senior editor at BettyConfidential.