14 Amazing Sunscreens You’ll Love (Including Will Ferrell’s!)
Protect your skin against the sun’s scorching rays with these sunscreens for face and body.
Even Will Ferrell knows that you should slather on sunscreen before you step out into the brutal sun. Once you get into the habit now, hopefully you’ll remember to use sunscreen throughout the year. Sunscreen that blocks UVA/UVB rays not only protect your skin against turning crispy, it is a good, strong proventative measure against skin cancer and premature aging. Really. The more you tan, the quicker your skin breaks down and becomes a wrinkly mess. Stay unwrinkled longer by using sunscreen.
Check out our picks for face and body.
1. Algenist Ultra Lightweight UV Defense Fluid SPF 50 ($38, sephora.com). Extremely lightweight and fast absorbing formula-used it before I played tennis and it protected me all day long.
2. Yes to Blueberries Age Refresh Moisturizer with SPF 30 ($19.99, yestocarrots.com), mass merchandisers nationwide). It does double duty as a moisturizer and a sunscreen. It’s a bit thick, but the coverage (SPF) is fantastic and your skin drinks it up!
3. Meaningful Beauty Cindy Crawford Antioxidant Day Crème SPF 20 UVA/UVB ($45, Sold separately by calling 1-877-383-1212 or available at TryNewMB.com as part of the 5-piece New Advanced System ($39.95 plus s/h for 30 day supply). Initially, it’s a little greasy, but once it melts into your skin, you’ve got all day protection against UVA/UVB rays and soft, good looking skin.
4. Skinceuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50 ($32, skinceuticals.com). This is weightless – like a fairy’s wing weightless. It’s got color infused technology that boosts skin radiance. Fighting UV rays and makes you look good? Cool.
5. Avon Skin So Soft Bug Guard SPF 30 ($14, avon.com). There’s a reason why Skin So Soft Sunscreen has been around forever and is used by everybody: It works! Not only does it protect your skin against burns, it makes bugs stay away.
6. L’Oreal Sublime Sun Advanced Sunscreen SPF 50+ Liquid Silk Sunshield for Face ($9.99, ulta.com). Super long-lasting protection against nasty UVA/UVB rays. It’s also got Vitamin E and white grapeseed oil to nourish your skin.
7. Olay Complete Defense Daily UV Moisturizer SPF 30, Sensitive Skin ($11.99, drugstore.com). Taking care of sensitive skin can be tricky, you can protect it but get a breakout. Olay’s formula won’t do that to you. It’s got a light, non-greasy formula you can use year round.