14 Great Wedding Guest Dresses
Wedding season means getting dressed up, but it doesn’t mean breaking your piggy bank.
You may have just one wedding this season, or you might be something like Katherine Heigl’s character in 37 Dresses: you’ve got one wedding after another until October. We found gorgeous dresses that will not only work for semi-formal and formal weddings, but they can worn again and again, season after season.
Quick fashion tip: If you’re buying a sleeveless cocktail dress in a jewel tone or a dark shade, you can make it winter-worthy by adding a shrug or sequined jacket to the dress.
A semi-formal wedding traditionally means a wedding that’s held after 6 PM where gowns and tuxedos aren’t required. Women can wear cocktail dresses and guys can wear suits. At a daytime semi-formal wedding, guys still have to wear a suit, and gals can wear a pretty “garden party” type dress or a cocktail dress.
1. The Chloe in pale blush ($198, siccouture.com). It’s a classic romantic cocktail dress.
2. Silk Donna dress ($142.50, amandachristinedesigns.com). A sexy high-low dress you can dance in.
3. Pixan dress ($455, rachelgilbert.com). A pretty silk mini with beaded sleeves.
4. Commotion pleated dress in gold ($24.50, threadsence.com). Gold is always good.
5. Navy silk crepe ribbon pulled dress ($361, unitedbamboo.com). Navy at night can be worn all year long.
6. Silk tank dress by Sessun ($179, stevenalan.com). This sleek silk tank dress is elegant and easy to wear.
7. Gardenia dress ($84.99, shopruche.com). Gold champagne satin is covered by navy floral chiffon for a hint of glimmer when you dance.
Stunning long dresses and gowns are up next!