1. Claire Danes’ Elegant Low Pony:
Who knew a ponytail could be so elegant? Celeb stylist Peter Butler designed the Homeland star’s hair to complement her one-shoulder Givenchy dress. “If we try and make this Hollywood, it just won’t work,” he said; however, he also noted, “The dress is very sharp looking and I wanted to soften it by giving her a cool ‘New York girl’ style.” The result? A fresh, cool look with soft pieces framing Claire’s face.
Here’s how to get it:
1. Starting with wet hair, apply Matrix Amplify foam volumizer ($17, drugstore.com) evenly throughout hair to provide hold, texture, and volume. Then spritz a touch of Matrix Total Results Blonde Care Flash Filler sheer mist ($16, matrix.com) to the ends to smooth them out and add some polish.
2. Next, blow your hair out using a medium round brush.
3. After hair is dry, brush into a side part and run a little Biolage Exquisite Oil replenishment treatment ($14.25, amazon.com) over your locks to smooth flyaways. Then apply Matrix Design Pulse Mega Dust ($12.94, amazon.com) to the roots and the crown of your head and lightly tease. This will give the pony some height.
4. Next, gather your hair at the nape of your neck, leaving a few angles out in the front, and secure with a bungee elastic ($3.50, amazon.com), joining the two hooks underneath the pony. Pull out a few small pieces around your ears to keep the look ethereal and a tiny bit undone.
5. Finish off the look with a spritz of Matrix Total Results Amplify hairspray ($15, drugstore.com) and a few more sprays of Total Results Blonde Care Flash Filler sheer mist. Voila!