3. Julianna Margulies’ Retro ’60s Look:
To complement Julianna’s black and lavender Chado Ralph Rucci gown, stylist Sebastian Scolarici created a modern interpretation of ‘60s-inspired volume. A headband kept the front of the look sleek and chic, while the back boasted volume and cascading waves.
Here’s how to get it:
1. Prep damp hair with L’Oreal Paris EverStyle alcohol-free volume boosting mousse ($6.99, drugstore.com). Add a little EverStyle volume root lifting spray ($6.99, drugstore.com) to the roots for target volume at the crown of your head.
2. Blow dry your mane smooth with a round brush; then separate it into five or six section and curl individual pieces with a 1-inch-barrel curling iron. Set each curl separately in place with a roller pin.
3. After letting the curls set, release them from the rolling pins and brush through to create soft waves, as opposed to tight spirals. Then work a little bit of L’Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare Smooth Intense frizz taming serum ($6.99, drugstore.com) through hair to smooth down any frizzies or flyaways.
4. Next, tease your hair at the crown to create high volume; then use a piece of black satin ribbon as a simple and chic headband to separate the look. Keep the front of your hair sleek and the back of it voluminous.
5. Finish off the look with a generous spray of L’Oreal Paris Elnett satin hairspray ($14.99, drugstore.com) to lock in the style while keeping it touchably soft. Gorgeous!