Lea Michele’s Soft Smoky Eye:
We may not have been totally wild about Lea’s pink gown or ombre hair, but her makeup was spot on. Celeb makeup artist Melanie Inglessis added an edge to the bright Valentino creation Lea wore for the show by giving the Glee star a light smoky eye, contoured cheeks, and a soft nude lip.
Here’s how to get the look:
1. First, apply some foundation with a wet sponge to create a dewy finish. Melanie used a combination of Giorgio Armani’s Luminous Silk foundations in Golden Beige and Caramel ($62.69, amazon.com) for Lea.
2. Next, contour your cheekbones by using two shades of L’Oreal Paris’ Visible Lift Color Lift blush: Nude Lift ($12.95, drugstore.com) under the cheekbone itself, and Peach Gold Lift ($12.95, drugstore.com) on the apple of the cheek itself. This technique will add a fabulous freshness to the look.
3. To create Lea’s light smoky eye, grab L’Oreal’s Colour Riche eye shadow quad in Cupa Joe ($7.95, drugstore.com), a quartet of soft brown and bronze shades. Use the lightest shade along the brow bone and on the inner corners of the eyes to highlight; then use the darkest brown shade along the lash line for definition. Blend the shadows to create depth.
4. Define your lash line a little more with L’Oreal Paris Le Kohl pencil smooth defining eyeliner in Café ($8.25, amazon.com), smudging it out on both the top and bottom lids as you go; then add a couple of coats of L’Oreal’s Telescopic Shocking Extensions mascara in Blackest Black ($9.95, drugstore.com). Hello, super lush lashes!
5. Lastly, add some color and shine to your lips: Start with a coat of L’Oreal Paris Colour Caresse by Colour Riche luminous lip colour in Sheer Linen ($9.99, drugstore.com), then top it with a slick of Colour Caresse Wet Shine lip stain in Eternally Nude ($9.99, drugstore.com). Get ready to glow!
Lucia Peters is BettyConfidential’s senior editor.