1. Alice Allegra Englert was born on June 15, 1994 in New Zealand, making her a mere 18 years old!
2. Englert grew up in a household where good storytelling thrived. Her mother, Jane Campion, is the Palme d’Or award-winning director of The Piano and Bright Star. Her father, Colin Englert, is also a successful filmmaker.
3. In 1993, Campion delivered a son named Jasper. He died just days after birth. Today, Alice has a young half-brother named Gabriel.
4. In an interview with Elle Magazine, the actress deemed herself an “airport baby” –and with good reason! As a child, she often traveled through Europe and America with her busy parents.
5. Though Englert considers herself a jetsetter, she is quite fond of New Zealand. She told Interview Magazine, “I’ve spent half my life on planes. I have a lot of love for New Zealand, though. That is where the really arty, whimsical side of the family resided—in Hobbitland.”
Above: Alice’s ‘Beautiful Creatures character poster.
Up next: The actress’ favorite artistic pastimes and more!