To compliment Tracy Reese’s collection full of sexy silhouettes in rich scarlet, cerise, teal, and aubergine, TRESemme stylist Jeanie Syfu created a deep side-swept look. Teased and textured to mimic the clothing’s fearless style, the hairstyles featured polished ends, height at the crown, and black bobby pins for accents. Picture a fearless New York girl walking home before dawn after a night out, and you’ve got the idea behind the look!
Here’s how to get it:
1. First, lightly dampen your hair. Then apply liberal amounts of TRESemme Thermal Creations volumizing mousse ($4.99, drugstore.com) and Thermal Creations heat tamer spray ($4.89, drugstore.com) throughout the roots and lengths of your hair for texture and volume.
2. Next, flip your head upside-down and rough dry it with your fingers. How? Pull it at the root with your fingers until your head is about 90 percent dry. Then use a Mason Pearson brush ($91, shop.nordstrom.com) to continue drying your hair upside down. Lifting at the roots but not smoothing them will help your mane keep all that fabulous texture you’ve worked in.
3. Flip your hair back over when it’s dry and create a “front sweep”: Lightly brush your hair from the front of the crown over to one side diagonally.
4. Secure the side-sweep in place by pinning a clash of black bobby pins at the temple. The more haphazard the look, the better!
5. Tease the crown of your head for lift. Finish off with a spray of TRESemme 24 Hour Body finishing spray ($5.99, drugstore.com) and a touch of TRESemme Fresh Start color care dry shampoo ($5.29, drugstore.com) for texture. Pull out a few pieces for a wispy, undone look, and you’re ready to rock!