Just because you’re wearing a strapless dress doesn’t mean you have to go for the full up-do! Celeb stylist Marcus Francis said of Isla Fisher’s red carpet-perfect hair, “I wanted Isla’s personality to really show by keeping her hair sleek and down. It made the look feel young, sexy, and fun, just like her. Having a no part half-up, half down would help to modernize the hairstyle.”
Here’s how to get the look:
1. Start by applying Wella Professional’s Flowing Form smoothing balm ($13.50, amazon.com) to wet hair section by section and blow dry with a medium round brush.
2. Create the part for the section you’re pulling back by starting at the arch of each eyebrow and continuing back to the crown.
3. Spritz your hair with a little Wella Professionals Thermal Image heat protection spray ($12.93, amazon.com) before hitting it with a flat iron to straighten each section from roots to ends.
4. Secure the pulled back section with a bobby pink on each side at the crown of your head. Slide the pin underneath the top layer of hair to anchor it.
5. A quarter-size amount of Wella Professionals Mirror Polish shine serum ($13.65, amazon.com) applied with your fingers will seal the ends and add shine to the look.
6. Lastly, finish off with some of Wella Professionals’ Stay Essential finishing spray ($8.95, amazon.com), keeping your focus on the front and the pulled back section for added hold. Gorgeous!