Adele’s Classic Half-Up Do:
Adele went for classic Hollywood glamour on the red carpet in a gorgeous black beaded number from Jenny Packham. Celeb hairstylist Michael Ashton created a voluminous and soft half-up do to complement it.
Here’s how to get the look:
1. Start with wet hair. Towel dry it to remove excess moisture, then work John Freida’s Luxurious Volume Fine to Full blow-out spray ($9.79, amazon.com) through the mid-lengths and ends.
2. Flip your head over and blow dry, blasting hot air down the hair shaft to add instant lift at the roots and thickness through the rest of your hair.
3. When your head is about 80 percent dry, flip it back over. Take a medium-sized round brush to large sections of hair as you continue drying, smoothing the sections out and paying particular attention to the ends to make sure they stay bouncy.
4. Once your hair is dry, section it into quarters. Hit the quarters with a medium-large curling iron; then set them in hot rollers. Let it cool before carefully brushing through it with a natural bristle brush.
5. Gently tousle your hair to give it some playfulness. Then pull half of your hair back and tease it at the crown, securing the pieces together at the back of your head. Leave two small sections loose to frame your face. Give it a spray of John Freida Luxurious Volume all-day hold hairspray ($6.99, drugstore.com) for a long-lasting finish and you’re done!