Charlize Theron’s Choppy Pixie:
Not everyone can pull off short hair, but Charlize does it with aplomb. Her Oscars look was created by celeb stylist Enzo Angileri, who said of it, “My inspiration came mainly from her short hair, which she cut three months ago for a movie.” It’s grown out enough from her buzz cut (LINK http://www.bettyconfidential.com/ar/ld/a/hot-or-not-charlize-therons-mysteriously-buzzed-head.html) that it could be styled into a sophisticated look that complemented the sleek lines of her Dior gown. “I wanted Charlize’s hair to look like she got out of jeans and a t-shirt and put on a gown, because the style is so simple and chic,” Enzo added.
Here’s how to get the look:
1. Start by washing and conditioning hair. While it’s still wet, apply Wella Professionals Natural Volume styling mousse ($13.75, amazon.com) to direct hair into place.
2. Then, blow-dry it with a diffuser until it’s 100 percent dry.
3. After it’s dry, rake it down with a brush following the part and the shape of your head, leaving volume at the top of your head.
4. Apply a little of Wella Professionals’ Shape Shift molding gum ($7.12, amazon.com) to mold your hair and create a texturized look and feel.
5. Finish off with a light mist of Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight shine spray (($11.49, amazon.com ) for extra luminosity.