15 Plus Size Spring Dresses That’ll Turn Up the Heat
From flirty floral minis to airy chiffon maxis, we’ve scoured the ‘Net for the best dresses for girls with curves.
With the warm weather months right around the corner (thank goodness!), it’s time to stock up on gorgeous dresses. Whether you prefer pretty prints, playful pleats, or lovely lace, we’ve found styles that’ll make flaunting your curves easy. And the rainbow of fresh, vibrant hues will put your go-to neutrals to shame!
Before you get started, check out these handy shopping tips from Natural Model Management Founder Katie Willcox and plus size model Jeanna Sabatino:
1. Dress for your body type and work with your curves!
2. Lengthen your neckline with a V-shape collar.
3. Avoid thick, bulky materials. Go for something durable, but not too flimsy.
4. Select dark, solid tops. Any pattern in the blouse should be near the top to draw attention away from your midsection.
5. Choose a dress that has shape built into it! Empire dress or a dress with darts at the hips and breasts can give the illusion of a smaller waist. A full skirt will give the appearance of an hourglass shape. Accentuate the waist with wrap styles.
6. Accessorize with fresh makeup, feminine jewelry, pops of color, dark belts to give the waist an hourglass look! Jackets should be cinched at the waist. And always wear your Spanx!
7. Lengthen legs with a sandal with a chunky heel, wedges or Mary Janes for a daytime look. Switch to high heels at night –especially a nude pump! And believe it or not, a pointed toe can add a slimmer look to your waistline.
8. Don’t go for overly sexy (too much cleavage or too short). Think timeless, classic, and chic.