Calla’s Ponytail With a Twist:
Calla’s Fall 2013 collection is much more sophisticated and less girly than the line’s previous collections—a quality that’s reflected in the hair look Oribe lead stylist Ramona Eschbach created to go with it. Coils and twists dress the classic ponytail up.
Here’s how to get the look:
1. Prep your hair with a spritz of Oribe’s Foundation Mist ($23, oribe.com) and part it low on one side.
2. Next, work some Oribe Crème for Style ($35, oribe.com) through the hair at the sides of your head and smooth it back with your fingers into a low, loose ponytail. Make sure you leave a section of hair out in the front.
3. Now take the front section of your hair, lift it with your fingers, and use a blow dryer to create some volume.
4. Pull that section of the back, twisting it the full length as you go, and add it to the ponytail.
5. Take the whole pony tail and twist it; then turn it up into a loop and fasten it with an elastic band.
6. Finish it off with a touch of Impermeable Anti-Humidity Spray ($39, oribe.com) for soft hold.