11. Who does Jane look up to? Patricia Clarkson. “Recently I’ve gotten really into her because she can be so funny in films and so heartbreaking in dramatic roles,” Jane noted. “I’d love to do the kinds of parts she’s done.” We approve!
12. Jane has a quality that a lot of comedic actresses don’t have, which Suburgatory creator Emily Kapnek chalks up to her background. “Because she doesn’t come from a TV comedy background, she has a different rhythm,” Emily has said. “When people are seasoned in the comedy world, that timing and cadence creeps into their performance. There was none of that with Jane. She reacts in real time.” That quality, along with her calmness and intelligence, is what so impressed Emily about her.
13. Jane has earned a number of comparisons to Emma Stone, the most notable of which are her sarcasm, wit, and eye-catching red hair.
14. She prefers not to use her own clothing as her characters’ wardrobes. “Costume is a huge part of getting into character,” the actress has said. “Your body soaks in what you’re wearing, and you turn into someone else.” It’s difficult to do that while wearing your own clothes.
15. Jane is way more into fashion than Tessa is. While Tessa “likes what she likes [and] doesn’t try to impress anybody,” Jane is addicted to online shopping and describes her own style as “classic, comfortable, and cool.”
Above: Jane wore a royal blue Pamella Roland number to the 2012 Emmy Awards.
Up next: Jane on her dream role and more!