16. Some of her favorite brands include A.P.C., La Garconne, and Opening Ceremony.
17. Her favorite part about being a television series regular is the time it affords her to build her character. “I love having the time—22 weeks’ worth—to create a character,” she’s said, adding, “We also don’t really know what’s coming next week or the one after that, so you develop a character in the moment.”
18. Jane made Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list in the Entertainment category in 2011. Not too shabby for a newcomer!
19. Unlike Tessa, Jane failed her driving test the first time she took it. Not only that, but she got an automatic fail, too. She recalled that she thought that she had been doing well, but that the driving instructor had to pull the emergency break, “so obviously there was a problem.” She continued, “I remember them handin me my fail paper and me just bursting into tears. This poor instructor, she ran out of the car once I started crying… But two weeks later, I passed.” Thank goodness!
20. Does it seem like a weird leap to go from Suburgatory to Evil Dead? Not to Jane. She noted after she was cast in the film, “For a while, whenever I was asked what my dream role would be, my answer was always to play a killer or a psychopath. I get to do that in this movie, although I’ll be possessed wile I destroy my victims. So basically, it’s a perfect job.”
Above: Jane at the 2011 Paleyfest ABC fall TV preview.
Up next: Her favorite part of the job and more!