Why Laughter Is the Best Medicine

Tickle your funnybone for stronger relationships, a happier mood and better health.
2 / 2

Do you need to laugh more often? Having a lot of responsibilities can make life seem somber and boring. It’s been months since I’ve had a good chuckle paying bills or taking out the garbage! Here are a few tips on how to keep the laughs coming amidst the daily drudgery of life:

• Stand-up comedy. This art form has entertained the masses for decades. Choose a comedian that’s relatable and not offensive to you. Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Cosby, two all-time greats, have clean acts and are truly funny. Listen to their albums or search for them on YouTube. If you’re lucky, you might even catch them on tour.

• Surround yourself with funny people. Determine whether you habitually spend time with others who tend to talk about grim matters. There’s a time and a place for such discussions, but more often than not, hang out with a friend or family member who keeps things light-hearted and makes you laugh.

Read How to Handle a Workplace Bully

• Amuse yourself. Consider this wise adage: “Blessed are we who laugh at ourselves, for we will never cease to be amused.” As we mature, it’s easy to take life far too seriously. Whenever you have a moment alone, get in the habit of laughing out loud. Don’t be shy; nobody can hear you! Think of something amusing you saw or heard earlier in the day or imagine a scene from your favorite comedic movie. Whatever it takes to make you laugh, do it! You’ll be glad you took a break from your usual worries.

People often dismiss laughter as a youthful tendency that fades with time. I wholeheartedly disagree with this assumption. Having a good laugh is not just an occasional pleasant experience—it can become a way of life and should be a high priority on any given day.

Indeed, humor has a powerful and unique ability to overshadow virtually any other emotion, even when we feel frightened or sad. Whether or not you consider yourself “funny,” focus on finding ways to laugh heartily and frequently. You may find that laughter and happiness are a natural pair.

More from YouBeauty.com:

QUIZ: What Kind of Funny Are You?

How Humor Makes You Beautiful

Tips for Happiness

follow BettyConfidential on... Pinterest

Read More About...

14 thoughts on “Why Laughter Is the Best Medicine

1. tammy says:

Simple and yet informative games are very well to play like as the jogos de cozinhar

2. write4essay says:

I agree 100%! Laughter can truly lighten up your mood and make you forget about things that bother you on a daily basis. I always try to surround myself with people who always make me laugh because that's how I can fully enjoy my life.
    And, of course, I think laughter is an essential component of every healthy relationship!

3. I never knew about these positive health effects of laughter. This article gave me some good information regarding that, thanks a lot for sharing this awesome information about this topic.

4. Susan says:

I just say guys you are doing really good work. Thanks a loot for sharing this type of great post… gymnastics mat

5. Mafij says:

What had got to me was the particular disparaging remarks by a few college recruiters relating to his or her specifications pertaining to knowledge as opposed to a different college. edusson review The guitar tutor advise everyone such kind of publishing services.

6. this site says:

you did work very well. keep sharing such kinds of stuff here.

7. Horen Halley says:

I would like to say that you are the best writer. I know that your post writing is very well. I thumbs up your post. Thanks
    rubber flooring for high traffic areas

8. jean corloyel says:

This topic has always been one of my favourite subjects to read about. I have found your post to be very rousing and full of good information. I will check your other articles shortly.
    Most Romantic love quotes

9. emily says:

laughter is best medicine for every one but some are jealous with them and they are Jealousy Quotes which is Jealousy Quotes

10. I like to say big thanks for this amazing fashion related website. keep sharing such kind of article here.

11. Donald says:

Excellent post, I'm just stunned!!! Keep on writing more stuffs like this! :-) Take a look over here to find out some interesting things. http://alena-animal-art.weebly.com

12. essaycool says:

I believe that what we have in our mind, always shows up outside, on our body. I always try to think in good way, laugh a lot and searching positive in negative situations. It helps to keep me young and beautiful.

13. freetechware says:

SXSW expands its EDM line-up, events and parties in 2015 with A-listers like Odseza and new and emerging talent.Here’s what to expect this year and Top 5 Electronic Dance Music (EDM) Festivals in the World. Here we are going to talk about some of the world’s top electronic dance music festivals.The popularity of Music Festivals has been on a steady growth over the past years. Along with increasing number of people attending them each year.We will try to rank them on the basis of the people attending them on an average, artist line up, performance and popularity on Social media including Facebook.

Tomorrowland Brazil